Verify Solos for the 2022 Yukon River Quest
If you are not yet eligible to race solo, please send a brief CV describing your paddling and wilderness experience to email@example.com. It will be evaluated and you will be asked to clarify as needed.
Level of Experience
|Evaluation Criteria||A lot of experience
|Has some experience
(3 or 4 Points)
|Has a little experience
(1 or 2 Points )
|Has no experience
|Paddler has completed more than 3 long distance (over 150 miles) races. This could include: Texas Water Safari, Florida Coast to Coast, WaterTribe Everglades Challenge, Missouri River 340, La Ruta Maya Belize River Challenge, Muskoka River X||Paddler has completed one or two long distance races over 150 miles and a few shorter races such as: General Clinton, Colorado River 100, California 100, 11 City Tour, Dusi Canoe Marathon||Paddler has completed one distance race that may be shorter than 150 miles.||Paddler has no long distance race experience|
|Wilderness Multi day paddling trips||Paddler has completed many (more than 3) multi-day paddling adventures. Looking for paddler to have completed remote rivers and/or extended paddling trips of 10 days or more. Multi-day self-supported hiking trips could also be considered.||Paddler has completed less than 3 multi-day paddling adventures. Paddler has completed shorter multi-day trips (2-5 days in length). Multi-day self-supported hiking trips could also be considered.||Paddler has completed at least one multi-day trip. Paddler has complete a short (2-5 days in length) trip.||Paddler has not completed any multi-day wilderness trips.|
|Medical and or Survival Skills||Paddler has completed Wilderness Survival courses. Paddler may be a White Water Guide or Wilderness Guide. May be a Health Care Professional. Doctor, Nurse, EMT, Search and Rescue.||Paddler has taken some wilderness First Aid courses or has been a guide||Paddler has basic First aid experience/certificate.||Paddler has presented no medical or survival skills|
- Long Distance Race Experience
- Looking to see if the Paddler has the mental toughness for long distance paddling
- Wilderness Multi-day trips
- Looking for experience in the outdoors/remote wilderness, just in case they get in a dangerous situation.
- Medical or Survival Skills
- Looking for the Paddler to demonstrate they have medical/First aid knowledge to be able to repair themselves.
- Bottom Line Evaluation
- We want Rookie Solo paddlers to complete the YRQ. Paddlers should score higher than 8 points to participate in the YRQ.